Saturday, November 30, 2013

Elmer Mahoney & Nancy Jane Jones

Elmer Mahoney and Nancy Jane Jones were Rodney's parents.
They were married on 9 Feb 1888 in Heber, Wasatch, Utah.
Thus, she became Nancy Jane Jones Mahoney.
Elmer and Nancy, around the time of their marriage
Photoshopped together by me
From the personal albums of Mary Teresa Anderson

The following is an excerpt from the written document "Life of Nancy Jane Jones Mahoney" written by herself and found in the personal albums of Merry Jones:

"... It was also at this time that I met my husband, Elmer Mahoney.  A crowd of us young people went to a house party at Henry Cluff's Ranch.  Elmer and his brother, Jerry, were there.  Sarah Giles and I were made acquainted with them and of course the evening turned out to be quite a nice one for both of us.  The boys soon learned where Sarah and I worked and it was not long before they became steady visitors.  We had many good times together.  Sleigh riding parties in the wintertime; also dancing at Heber, Kamas and Park City and many more house parties at the Cluff Ranch...

On February 9, 1888, I was married to Elmer Clarence Mahoney by Judge Thomas H. Watson, in the same little house I was born in [on the corner of 3rd East and Center Street in Heber].  I cooked my own wedding dinner, serving the older people in the daytime and the younger people at night.  There were about one hundred in all who came.

We stayed with my mother for two weeks after we were married, then went to live with Elmer's mother until the next summer.  We then built us a nice one-room log house on the Walker Ranch up on the Provo River..."

Marriage Certificate:
SOURCE: familysearch.org
Film # 0482527, p.11

No comments:

Post a Comment