Monday, March 3, 2014

Nina Sweat & Lyman Fawson

Nina Mae Sweat was one of Emeline's younger sisters.
She married Joshua Lyman Fawson on 4 Apr 1928 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Thus, she became Nina Mae Sweat Fawson.
Lyman and Nina
Cropped and photoshopped together by me
Both from the personal albums of Sharleen May
An excerpt from the J Lyman Fawson personal history (found in the personal albums of both Veda Cox and Sharleen May) states the following from Lyman's perspective:
"...When I returned home I again taught school, this time in Center Creek, Wasatch co. where I was principla over the grade schools where the children were from first grade through the 8th.  I asked a teacher, Miss Helen Taylor, to introduce me [to] a certain young lady in the Ward, Nina Sweat, and I also told Miss Taylor that I knew Nina was the one I would marry.  We did get married on 4th of April 1928 in the Salt Lake Temple by George F. Richards..."

An excerpt from the Nina Mae S Fawson history (found in the personal albums of Sharleen May) gives the following details:
"... Lyman Fawson and I met while he was teaching school in Center Creek in 1927.  We were married in the Salt Lake Temple.  My mother and sister-in-law, Ora G. Sweat were with me..."

 Marriage Licence:
SOURCE: familysearch.org
Film # 0482528
Marriage Certificate:
From the personal albums of Sharleen May
Photo clipping from an anniversary article about them
(NO SOURCE)
From the personal albums of Sharleen May
Nina and Lyman Fawson
From the personal albums of Sharleen May

No comments:

Post a Comment