Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Della Sweat & A Ewing Peterson

Della Sweat was one of Emeline's sisters.
She married Andrew Ewing Peterson on 16 Jun 1920 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Thus, she became Della Sweat Peterson.
Della and Ewing
Cropped from a larger image
From the personal albums of Sharleen May
Marriage License:
SOURCE: familysearch.org
Film # 0482528
A personal history written by Della S Peterson (and found in the personal albums of Veda Cox) had this to say on the matter:
"... After teaching for one year I married my sweetheart "Andrew Ewing Peterson" after he returned from the U.S. Marine Corp. after World War I.  We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on June 16, 1920.  Bill Price and Levenie Gibson went with us and were married the same day in the Salt Lake Temple.  We had such a good time...."

Newspaper notice:
SOURCE: Wasatch Wave 1920, Jun 18, p.5
Newspaper notice transcribed:
"... Ewing Peterson and Miss Della Sweat of Center were granted a marriage license by the county clerk and were married in the Salt Lake temple this week..."
*Their accompanying friends are mentioned in the paragraph just below this...

Older Della and Ewing Peterson
Cropped from a larger image
From the personal albums of Sharleen May

1 comment:

  1. I'm the grandson of these two through Aloyes (Peterson) Nielson. I found your blog by just randomly searching Google for information about Andrew. Obviously, I never knew him.

    We cared for Della as she developed Alzheimers and she lived with us for a number of years. I was there the day she died and sang at her funeral.

    Unfortunately, a lot of my mom's stuff was lost at her death. But I'll look around and see if there are any pictures I can send to you.

    ReplyDelete